- About BPS
- School Life
- Our Philosophy
- Modern Foreign Languages
- R.E. & P.S.H.E.
- Art & Design Technology
At Brooke Priory, emphasis is placed on an investigative approach to Geography. We believe that high-quality teaching should inspire in children a curiosity and fascination about the world and its inhabitants. In order to achieve this, we strive to ensure that our approach to teaching Geography enables all children to develop their contextual knowledge as well as a competence in geographical skills.
- To stimulate children’s interest in their surroundings and in the variety of human and physical conditions on the earth’s surface
- To develop a knowledge of places and environments throughout the world
- To encounter different societies and cultures
- To help children develop an informed concern about the quality of the environment and the future of the human habitat
- To thereby enhance children’s sense of responsibility for other people and to the environment
- To develop an understanding of maps
History is kept alive at Brooke Priory by enthusiastic staff keen to instil and love for the subject by exploring the past a looking at the present. Through the use of exciting workshops and trips the children enjoy an extensive range of topics and develop their investigative skills throughout their time here.
- To provide pupils with a stimulating experience of History
- To develop foundations of historical enquiry and understanding
- To help pupils gain an understanding of the past and where they fit in
- To encourage pupils to become critical thinkers, questioning and analysing how historical facts and events of the past are presented
Contact the School
Brooke Priory School, Station Approach, Oakham, Rutland LE15 6QW
Phone the School
Email the School
© Brooke Priory School 2020 Designed and Developed by Welland Creative